Tuesday, May 25, 2010





It seems everyday Emery is learning something new. A new word, a new way to be sassy, a new way to play with her toys. I am so amazed how quickly she is picking things up. It's really fun to be able to communicate with her now. I ask her if she's hungry, she'll actually say yes or no. Same with thirsty, tired, and several other things. I love it! The past month has been filled with so much fun! Mother's Day was wonderful. Celebrating with all of my favorite people and getting to take another 4 generation photo of my Grandma, mom, me and Emery. The last one was just minutes after I gave birth, and needless to say I look TERRIBLE. This one is much better! Emery and I have gone to the farm with my mom group. We took a family mini vaca to Phoenix to see my cousin and celebrate her son's birthday! Jacob is three! And, I got to have a Glen Ivy spa day with some of my best friends. This spring has been so wonderful to our family!
With each passing month I feel more thankful for my amazing husband, daughter, friends and family. It seems so many friends from my life are now getting married and having babies (I swear I know like 15 pregnant women)... I am so happy to be able to share in their happiness, knowing what amazing things are in store for them.
Not sure if I shared before... but, I was recently accepted into a master's program at CSULB, but came to the decision that it just wasn't the right time. I will be granted priority admission for fall 2011. It was a program designed for learning to work with higher education students, something I love. But, being emery's mom is my priority, so this goes on the back burner for now. And, I'm at peace with the decision.
June will be just as busy, we have a birthday party, I have bridal showers, concerts, more mom group events... and at the end of the month I'll be going to Orlando for Tri Delta convention! I am so excited to share in nearly 4 days of sisterhood with hundreds of collegiate and alumnae women.

I'm truly the luckiest woman in the world. I love my life.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment