Wednesday, June 2, 2010

summer is finally here!

I must apologize for not having any new photos of my girl to share with you. We have been so busy lately that either we always forget the camara or I haven't had a chance to upload the pictures yet.
Summer 2010 is already going to shape up to an amazing summer, and it just kicked off. We spent our memorial day busy as ever with dog beach, the swap meet, and a mom group play date. I was able to take some time out for a bridal shower and a girls movie night, while emery had some quality time with her daddy! This weekend another bridal shower, while Jason takes emery to a birthday pool party. Our summer is full with family photos, concerts, mommy group play dates, the Ojai water park with my sister... the river for labor day, and probably a lot more that I am forgetting.
I am so excited that we book our tickets to go to Nashville to visit our very dear friends, the Klahn's! They are expecting a little girl in July, Delaney. We can not wait to meet her! Emery is thrilled to meet her new best friend! Brienn and I have been friends for...gosh, like 13 years. We made it through high school and college together (but 1500 miles apart), got engaged and married within a year of eachother, and how we have little girls together. They are destin for a lifetime friendship together. We are so excited!
In just a few weeks, I'll be leaving emery overnight for the first time! I am going to Tri Delta convention in Orlando, FL on a redeye flight. She is staying the night with my Grandma, mom and sister and Jason will come home the next day. I have to admit that leaving her for 5 days truly breaks my heart. I'm thrilled to be spending so many days with my friends and Tri Delta sisters, but my girl needs me. I'm her mommy. ahhh.
I think this spring has provided me a lot of time to realize how lucky I am. I have the most wonderful husband and daughter. My family is more supportive than I could ever ask for. They watch emery all the time, showering her with love when I need to run errands or just get away. I have friends that are more family than "friend" They love my daugther and listen without judgement to the problems of the day. I get more excited to continue to share my life with those around me. And share Emery with people who love her, and she loves in return.
I lost my grandmother this spring. She was such an amazing and compassionate women. It was a wonderful reminder to thank those around you that provide support and make sure they know you love them. I miss my grandma every day. But, I know that she knew what she meant. We shared a birthday and an amazing connection. I'm so happy that she got to see emery born, crawl, walk and talk. She loved my little girl. Emery meant the world to her....

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! I am so glad our girls will get to meet. This calls for many family vacations!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete