Thursday, February 9, 2012

Our household mystery

We have a major mystery going on in our household these days.  Something that is about to take my sanity and throw it out the window, the window, the second story window.
Since moving to CO, Emery has been a pretty awesome sleeper.  She might wake up in the night, but mostly because she loses track of whatever stuffed toy she went to bed with that night.
She sleeps awesome, unless her daddy is traveling.
Then, she doesn't actually sleep at all.  At least that is what it seems like.
Last night was no exception.  In fact, it was one of the worst of them all.
My sweet girl asked to go to bed at 8:30pm.
She refused to sleep in her own bed.
Or by herself.
But insisted on sleeping in my bed, with me.
Except she didn't want to sleep in my bed at all. 
She wanted to play with her two tiny teddy bears.
Then came the screaming.  The first round of screaming.
We retreated to the couch an called in Daddy on the phone for back up.
To no avail.
Here comes 10pm and we finally make it to her bed to sleep together.
She's out like a light.  I'm up until 11pm.
Then, just past midnight, in comes our darling dog, Jackson.
He needs another potty break.  Which these days, is code for sniff fest.
At midnight.
I toss an turn and cat nap until 2am.
Awesome, right?
Emery is crying again in her sleep.
And burning up.
Temp? 101.9.
And, now she is demanding watching Mickey on the couch, in my arms.
Very specific, this girl.
So, up we go to watch Mickey.
I come in with medicine reinforcements, which Emery loves.
That kid LOVES medicine.
Mickey is over.
Round 2 of screaming begins.
I'm shocked my neighbors don't call 911 because she screams like I am skinning her alive.
Which clearly I am not. Nor, would I ever (for the record).
But, I am crying too and begging her to go to sleep.
3:15am.
We in my bed and she is quickly falling back to sleep.
4am. I finally fall alseep too.
Only to be woken up at 6:20 by my darling husband calling.
Apparently "by accident."

Not.enough.coffee.in.the.world.today.

Thank goodness husband comes home today to rescue me from the non-sleeping baby.

I'd bed $100 that she sleeps through the night today with Daddy home.

ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment