Tuesday, August 23, 2011

19 days....

I've given myself a few days to process this amazing weekend that just passed.... Now, there are only 3 weekends left before we hit the road to Colorado.  I am on a mission to soak up every moment, with every loved one, and stock up on love before we go.  I wish I could put the kind of love I got this weekend in some mason jars and take it with me.  That way when one of "those" days creeps up on me and I'm begging to come home, I can just open one up and take a sip.
I fight the tears pretty regularly now.  We're getting to the last few everything... Next Thursday is Emery's last day with her Auntie Jenny...I just realized that this morning... then cried myself to work.  This weekend is our last full weekend in our house.  The house where our daughter was born...
We planned our last big family dinner with my family.  We making final arrangements to see our best  friends.  The walls are bare, because we've finally packed our pictures...
This chapter of the story of our lives is ending.  To be honest, I kinda always thought we'd stay here.  I'd raise my daugther minutes from my parents and she would go seemlessly between the two homes, as I had done as a little girl.
But, this weekend, we were able to spend a few hours with those we love most in the world.  We rented a bounce house (making me the coolest mom ever), bbq'd, and laughed with those we love.  Emery ran around like a crazy lil monster for over 8 hours, laughing, playing, and bouncing with her cousins.  She gave her love to everyone.  It was heartbreaking to see how much love she has in her life.  How do you tell a 2 year old that you are moving them away from their whole world?  Well, we haven't.  I don't know how to.  Maybe  because I'm not entirely ready to face it myself.
Tonight, we test skype out with Auntie Jenny.  Thank god for skype.  Emery will be able to see everyone and never forget their faces... She'll laugh, she'll give kisses... she'll always be able to remember how much everyone in california loves her.
I am so thankful for our friends and family here.  I am so thankful for the endless love that has been given to our girl and to us.  I am so thankful for the support we have received in making the toughest decision of our lives.  But, it is because we have all of this, that it makes it so much harder to say goodbye.

19 days....

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I know this is tough for you. I remember the days and weeks leading up to my move to Colorado and also our move to Durango...it's hard. Now, five years later and now a year later from our most recent move I can't imagine my life any other way. I still def miss my babies back home and my family, but I am such a better person having made these moves.

    hugs to you and looking forward to seeing you out here!

    ReplyDelete