Thursday, January 10, 2013

My holiday trip "recap"

I had great plans to share with you wonderful snapshots and pictures from our tour-de-US for the holidays. However, I am quickly realizing I don't really have any photos to share. For which, I am actually quite pleased as a mom, less pleased as a blogger.

To me, this means I spent more time making memories and enjoying my friends and family than I did capturing the moment via photos. While I can't prove it, I can tell you that our 12 day vacation was wonderful, long, but wonderful.

Here are the highlights....
- The food. Finally, good mexican, in-and-out, cracker barrel, and everything else my heart desired.
- Matching jammies for E and my niece on Christmas. This has become such a fun tradition for me and it makes for good pictures... good pictures I never took.
- Late nights with good friends and family. I laughed until my belly hurt. I had heart to hearts. I caught up, shared, and loved with so many wonderful people. My heart is full.
- Actually attending my 10 year HS reunion. I honestly wasn't sure if this was something I even wanted to do. But, it ended up being fun to catch up with few old friends... and spend the rest of the evening catching up on cocktails. A reunion is only as good as it's cocktails, right? I do have a few pictures from this night, that will stay hidden in the vault.
- A New Year's Day 5K. This isn't a positive highlight. It was miserable. But I did it with my bestie, hubs, and the bestie's hubs. Although, they all left me in the dust with my wardrobe malfunction, shoe issues, and cold. I finished... then ate myself into fat town. It was so cold and the first mile was uphill. never.again.
-Actually making it to mid-night on NYE. This hasn't happened in a while. It was a lot of fun, naturally because I was with this girl.
- Coming home. 'nough said.

I'm glad to be back, but am suffering a bit of the January blues... more on that later.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! SO glad you made the trip, and we got to spend our first NYE together! And I'm even glad you did the 5k, even if you aren't! :) I've got phone pictures to share, hopefully this weekend I will get around to a blog. Love you much!!
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like one of the main points of my visits back home is always for the food. They just don't make Mexican food the same out of Southern California. And of course In-N-Out is non-existent outside.

    And I'm glad to hear the reunion went well. I told myself if I was actually in town for it, I would have gone. But since I went home for Thanksgiving instead of Xmas that didn't happen. Although maybe I'll be home for the next one, and be willing to go.

    ReplyDelete