Saturday, January 5, 2013

Patience.

I'm finally at home after nearly 2 weeks of travel. I promise to share more on how exhausting  amazing the trip was. We went from CO to CA to TN and back to CO in the last 12 days. And, now I'm too sick to share with you how much I loved it!

I have loved reading blogs in the last few days that have chosen a word for 2013. I haven't really ever kept a new years resolution, so I'm skipping that this year. Instead, I'm chosen a word for 2013. This word will hopefully provide something to go back to now and then to see how I'm doing. It's a check and balance that will hopefully take me where I want to be.

Patience.

This year I am striving towards patience. Patience is something I have always struggled with. When I decide I want something I'm like bloodhound hunting it down to make it mine. That's pretty much how Jason and I got married... I totally made the decision and latched on and bullied him until he proposed.... I'm joking. Sorta.

In 2013 I hope for patience...

with my daughter - to understand that she is only 3 and learning everyday.
with my husband - that we are partners in life and always just doing our best.
with my friends and family - that I am so incredibly lucky to have such amazing people that truly love me and my family, even if they drive me crazy sometimes
with my job - that I am so lucky to have a job that I am successful at.
with my home - to know that I am going to eventually have a fully decorated home. It takes time and money and patience to find things I love. No one is judging me because it isn't a match of my pinterest board. But it's mine. And I love it.
with this blog - this blog is growing and changing and a wonderful space for me to express myself. I really love the opportunity to share our life and love story.
with my heart & my faith - this is one of the biggest place of growth for me in the coming year. I'm exciting to learn more and dig deep. I'm not really sure where this journey will take us, but I'm excited to go...

patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment