Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Turkey Day!

2011 has given our family so much to be thankful for. The fact that I successfully cooked our Thanksgiving dinner tonight is certainly at the top of that list!


 A very special thank you to my bsbff, Bri, for the flower vace above, it was perfect for today!  Emery's "I'm thankful for..." headband as also a wonderful addition to our festive decor.

I love that I made these clothes pin mounts to display Emery's artwork from school.  Since it is Thanksgiving, we had to show off her fabulous turkey, leaves and corn!

Look at that!  I successfuly made my first thanksgiving dinner!
Our menu included:
Jennie-O Turkey Boob in a bag (since we really don't need a whole turkey)
Sweet Potato Cassorale
Homemade Mashed Potatos
Green Bean Cassorale
Cranberry Sauce
Deviled Eggs
Hawaiian Rolls

 Our morning included a skype with our family back home!  Emery loved seeing everyone, especially cousin Madison!  And, they (or we) had some fun... be below.
Yes, we're that mature.

This year, I'm thankful for so many things... but if I had to name a few...
1. Our friends and family back home that supported us this year.  Rather than cutting us out of your life because we were leaving CA, you held us closer to your heart.  We love you.  You know who you are.
2. My doggie, Jackson.  This year, I started with four pets, I'm ending it with just one.  Jackson is my lone furbaby and I'm holding onto him, desperatly.
3. My job.  When we left CA, I had a good feeling about this job, having already had two interviews.  But, I am so thankful that as soon as we arrived, I got the call.  I love having the opportunity to work with such smart, awesome people!
4. My girl.  This is where I should note that these are in no particular order.  I am so thankful for Emery's health and happiness.  She came through this move with such grace and a glowing smile.  She is so expressive, warm and kind.
5. Finally, this list couldn't be complete without my dearest husband.  I'm thankful to have a partner that supports me.  One that encourages me to volunteer, give back, and to take time for myself.  I'm thankful that he is the most exceptional daddy a girl could have.  Emery has the undivided love and attention from her Daddy.  My husband gives everything to his family and is always trying to make our life better. 
I married him because he was a great partner to me, a great provider.  I hoped he would be as good to our children as he is to me.  If you've ever seen the look on Emery's face when her Daddy gets home from a business trip, then you know, I was right.

Wishing all of my friends and family and wonderful Thanksgiving and holiday weekend!
Thank you for your endless love and support this year.  We love you all and wish we could be with you today!

See you in a few weeks at Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment