Friday, December 14, 2012

This was going to be a post about advent...

So, what started out as another holly jolly hookup is going to take a short turn. Obviously all of us are watching the news this afternoon with heavy, broken hearts and tears in our eyes thinking about the shooting in CT. As a mom, it is truly my worst nightmare. It makes me angry, sad, heart broken truly... And more than anything it makes me want to run home and squeeze my baby girl and thank her for being alive and perfect. I'm so thankful for her safety and her health.

However, I will say that I think it is a  tragedy that so many people use this as an opportunity to capitalize on their personal beliefs on gun control and mental illness. Is it a tragedy? yes! Meaning it is time to mourn the lives of these sweet babies. Not use it as a platform to discuss politics. Don't use their lives in that way. I have to say, I think that is shameful. 

Do we have problems with mental illness and gun misuse. Yes. Do we need to address these issues? Of course. Better regulations for those with history of violence and being crazy town, of course. But, let this children's lives be the focus of your heart today. Please, do not use them as a source for your political platform. Say a prayer for their parents. Hold your children a little tighter. And at least wait until tomorrow to capitalize on their life lost way too early.

You can also take a few minutes to hop on over to my besite, Bri's, blog to hear a beautiful story about patience and waiting. She says it so well....



No comments:

Post a Comment