Friday, August 31, 2012

When the reply all goes terribly wrong.

The organization I work for has a serious problem with the "reply all." We celebrate the most ridiculous thing with a "reply all" and a call for "boas." Yes, boas. There is apparently a hilarious story behind the boas, that only a very small handful of people still here were a part of. And yet, we boa. Even the men. Not a fan of boas from the dollar tree that come apart all over my floor.

But back to my point. Recently there was a discussion sent to the entire organization (men included) about the decor of the women's restroom. Should I mention that this chain included our CEO, also a man?

I am not joking when I say that this discussion went on for nearly 20 reply alls. It included a recommendation jokingly? suggesting we take a page from the walmart restrooms decor, including specific walmart site locations. At some point in the afternoon the entire office took the ugly wreath to the back parking lot and bashed it like a pinata. But, eventually, we ended up with the relocation of the economy sized box of seemingly never used maxipads to under the sink, a step up from the shelf next to the printer they previously lived.



Excuse me, maxi thins. And please, do not crush.

We also got this beautiful rendition of Mona Lisa.






1 comment: