Monday, February 11, 2013

Mom Moment Monday

Yes, I realize it is still just barely Monday but it's been a true Monday and I'm just sitting down long enough for the evening to put a few thoughts together.... It was another very busy weekend, but I am happy to report that we are slowing down life for the next few weeks. I, for one, and thrilled, since I am the one that does most of the shuttling of our little social butterfly.

Last Friday we had planned to go out for a fun family dinner and walk around an outdoor shopping center near by. It was chilly, but not freezing so it seemed like a good opportunity to stretch out legs. E had other plans. I knew there was a Valentine's Day dance that evening, but for a variety of reasons had planned to skip it. Her school had other plans. They seriously sick them (your children) on you and I swear teach them to nag and beg you to attend their planned events. ::this may be a gross exaggeration, but I seriously have visions of them teaching them this::: (or they just set up and talk about it for days leading up to it)... either way. When we picked her up she literally BEGGED to go to the dance to "jump up and down." It took every ounce of negotiation to get her to go home for dinner (McDonald's - don't judge me) and get into "fancy" clothes. Then, she ran around in circles until it was time to go. There was much former Disney star/ Belieber music to be had and E has a really really good time. It actually turned out to be fun because I got to see a few Moms that I've been getting to know at school. I swear I had intentions on getting some good pictures of the pink mohaked male DJ E dancing. But, this is what you're left with. Enjoy.



Most days when we get home from school, E asks for a snack. Today. Fruit snacks. I sent her up to her room to rest - because she didn't take a nap at school. Again. When she came back down this is what we found in her hair.



Yes, ladies and gentlemen, that is a chewed up fruit snack IN. HER. HAIR. She managed to get both the snack and her hair in her mouth and chewed them with reckless regard for the end result. Thankfully it came out reasonably easily in the shower. O.M.G.


And finally, I'd like to celebrate something rarely seen in this part of the country. It something we once had, but lost in the move. Our dates. We found a date day and celebrated gloriously. We spend so much of our time as parents being parents, not a couple. We've made some new friends recently that also lost their dates in a move away from their own friends and family. So, we've decided to reclaim our relationship status' and trade off babysiting. It's actually an amazing, genius idea and I, for one, and thrilled to have rediscovered what it is like to be a wife, not just a mommy. There was no glorious day planned, just a local winter festival which included food and drinks, followed up by shopping for sheets. I know. We're livin' it up. A couple of over the top crazy kids here. But, I am digging my cute new hat that I had to buy because it was like        -100 on Saturday.


And there you have it friends. Another edition of Mom Moment Monday. 



No comments:

Post a Comment